Les fêtes, les traditions et les coutumes / festivals, traditions & customs
Useful French Listening Practice with Audio-Visual Clip, Native Speaker, Free Worksheet & Transcript
Festivals and traditions French listening practice. This ‘les fêtes, les traditions et les coutumes’ in French speaking countries audio-visual clip is ideal for CEFR A2 and B1 students. It’s also perfect for GCSE French listening practice, iGCSE French, A Level French, advanced beginners & intermediate French.
Although you can just listen to or watch the audio-visual clip for enjoyment, don’t just watch/listen to it. To really make the most of the audio to improve your listening skills, try out one of the two options below whilst listening or watching:
1. Do some of the listening activities mentioned, alongside listening to the festivals, traditions and customs in French speaking countries listening clip
2. Download the dedicated worksheet with vocab related activities and comprehension questions, as well as the transcript below to enhance your French listening skills further.
Do you need useful listening practice to supplement your GCSE, iGCSE or CEFR A2, B1 advanced beginner or intermediate French course, or to revise? If so, this French listening practice post discussing French festivals, customs and traditions will be useful to you!
Hey, French teachers!
I have created this exclusive French listening practice on the topic of les fêtes et les traditions françaises to help you and your students to practise French listening skills to see some improvement! I recommend that French teachers use this video clip with students in lessons.
SUGGESTED USES OF THIS USEFUL FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE
- Watch/listen to (minimise the screen) the audio-visual clip the first time for general understanding and assign a percentage to level of understanding overall: 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%?
- The second listen, note down any useful topic related vocab that they pick up. Has that percentage increased?
- Do the vocab matching activity? Watch/listen again. Has that percentage increased now?
- Complete the comprehension activity and if required, listen again to double check and fill in gaps.
- Check answers as a group and use transcript to correct anything that was missing or incorrect.
- Note down any useful phrases that you can ‘pinch’ to use in responses on the same topic to answer similar questions in French for yourself.
This French listening practice activity should fit a whole 60 minute session. Download the worksheet and transcript below and check out the audio-visual clip there too! You may also wish to set this les fêtes, les traditions et les coutumes as homework for additional listening practice outside of the lesson
Hey, French students!
If you are a French learner who wants to improve your French auditory skills, then add this festivals, customs and traditions French listening practice to your repertoire to practise listening !
P.S. Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel for more French listening practice yet?
What does this les fêtes, les traditions et les coutumes French Listening Practice include?
During this audio-visual clip, Rose, a native French speaker talks about a variety of aspects related to festivals, celebrations and customs in French speaking countries.
She answers the following questions with the French festivals, customs and traditions clip:
1. Que sont les coutumes et les traditions ?
2. Pourquoi sont-elles importantes ?
3.Quels sont les avantages et les inconvénients du respect des coutumes et des traditions ?
4. Mentionnez 3 à 5 fêtes religieuses qu’elle mentionne et ce qu’elle dit de chacune d’entre elles
5. Quels autres festivals mentionne-t-elle et comment y participe-t-elle ?
6. Quelle est sa tradition préférée, pourquoi et comment l’a-t-elle célébrée dans le passé ?
7. Aimeriez-vous passer votre prochain anniversaire de la même manière qu’elle? Pourquoi ?
8. Quelle est la chose qu’elle changerait en ce qui concerne les coutumes et les traditions en France ?
Have you seen any of my other French VLOGs for GCSE French and CEFR A2 Level yet? If not, go check them out and please do remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel for MORE fantastic French content whilst you’re there!
LES FÊTES, LES TRADITIONS ET LES COUTUMES – FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG With Native Speaker for French Listening Practice
Watch the full ‘festivals, traditions and customs’ French Listening Practice VLOG clip to learn French and improve listening skills here:
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET TO ACCOMPANY MY ‘FESTIVALS, CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS IN FRENCH SPEAKING COUNTRIES’ FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG HERE:
DOWNLOAD THE FRENCH SECTION OF THE TRANSCRIPT TO ACCOMPANY MY ‘LES FÊTES, LES TRADITIONS ET LES COUTUMES’ FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG:
There are many ways to practise your French listening skills for improvement. However, practice does make perfect, alongside focused listening practice. Want more French listening practice? Loads of French listening practice on my website! This specific one is on les fêtes, les traditions et les coutumes / festivals, traditions and customs in French speaking countries and comes with an audio-visual clip, a native French speaker voice, listening comprehension worksheet and transcript. We hope this surprisingly useful French listening practice VLOG is useful.
OTHER FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE SUGGESTIONS:JOIN ME ON MY SOCIALS FOR MORE FAB TEACHING CONTENT >>