Food & Drink – French Listening Practice with Clip, Native Speaker, Free Worksheet & Transcription
Food & Drink French Listening Practice includes an audio-visual clip on Youtube, which can be minimised to provide listening practice. It is ideal for CEFR A2 & B1 level French students. It is also perfect for GCSE French, iGCSE French, advanced beginners & pre-intermediate French learners. French teachers and learners, aim to use it as authentic French listening practice by topic.
Do you need useful listening practice to supplement your GCSE, iGCSE or CEFR A2, B1 advanced beginner or intermediate French course, or to revise? If so, this French listening practice post discussing la nourriture et les boissons / food & drink will be useful to you!
How to use this French Listening Practice To Make An Impact on Your French Listening Skills Development?
Obviously, you can just listen to or watch the audio-visual clip for enjoyment. However, to really enhance your French listening skills and comprehension abilities, don’t just watch/listen. Instead, to really make the most of the audio clip, aim to do one of the two options below whilst listening or watching to the la nourriture et les boissons audio-visual clip:
1. Firstly, do some of the listening activities mentioned in the link within clip, which can also be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76FF8i5DKxY but also appears in the clip.
2. Download the dedicated worksheet with vocab related activities and comprehension questions, as well as the transcript below to enhance your French listening skills further.
Ideas for Use By French Teachers
French teachers, I have created this exclusive French listening practice on the topic of la nourriture et les boissons to give you and your students extra French listening practice on the delicious topic of food and drink in French. You could either use the audio-visual clip in lessons, set as homework or offer as additional revision in the lead up to French exams for practice. Since it comes with a worksheet and transcription, you can really make it into a good lesson that your students can really get something out of.
Practical Suggestions To Use It:
- Watch/listen to (minimise the screen) the audio-visual clip on la nourriture et les boissons the first time for general understanding (and enjoyment!) and assign a percentage to level of understanding overall: 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%?
- On the second listen, note down any useful topic related vocabulary that listeners pick up. Has that percentage increased?
- Do the vocabulary matching activity on the worksheet and then watch/listen again. Has that percentage increased now?
- Complete the comprehension activity and if required, listen again to double check and fill in gaps.
- Check answers as a group and use transcript to correct anything that was missing or incorrect.
- Note down any useful phrases that you can ‘pinch’ to use in responses on the Food & Drink topic in French to answer similar questions in French for yourself.
Mix and match the ideas above to help your students get the best out of the audio clip. This French listening practice activity for advanced beginners, intermediate, CEFR A2/B1, as well as GCSE French and iGCSE French students should fit a whole 60 minute session.
French students, if you are a French learner who wants to improve your French auditory skills, then add this la nourriture et les boissons French listening practice (food and drink) to your repertoire to practise listening !
P.S. Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel for more French listening practice yet?
What does this la nourriture et les boissons French Listening Practice include?
During this audio-visual clip, Rose, a native French speaker talks about a variety of aspects related to festivals, celebrations and customs in French speaking countries.
She answers the following questions with the French festivals, customs and traditions clip:
- Que mange/boit Maryline au petit-déjeuner ?
- Qu’est-ce que les jeunes mangent au petit-déjeuner ?
- Comment Maryline mange-t-elle à midi et qu’est-ce qu’elle a l’habitude de manger/boire ?
- Qu’est-ce que les jeunes aiment manger et boire à midi ?
- Quels types d’aliments Maryline mentionne-t-elle pour le dîner? Pourquoi ses choix pour le dîner diffèrent-ils parfois?
- Que dit-elle à propos des snacks ?
- Maryline mangeait-elle différemment lorsqu’elle était plus jeune? Comment?
- Que dit-elle au sujet des restaurants ?
- Décrivez sa dernière visite au restaurant?
Have you seen any of my other French VLOGs for GCSE French and CEFR A2 Level yet? If not, go check them out and please do remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel for MORE fantastic French content whilst you’re there!
FOOD AND DRINK – FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG With Native Speaker for French Listening Practice
Watch the full ‘food and drink’ French Listening Practice VLOG clip to learn French and improve listening skills here:
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET TO ACCOMPANY MY ‘FOOD & DRINK’ FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG HERE:
DOWNLOAD THE FRENCH SECTION OF THE TRANSCRIPT TO ACCOMPANY MY ‘FOOD & DRINK’ FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG:
There are many ways to practise your French listening skills for improvement. However, practice does make perfect, alongside focused listening practice. Want more French listening practice? Loads of French listening practice on my website! This specific one is on les boissons et la nourriture exercices d’écoute. in French speaking countries and comes with an audio-visual clip, a native French speaker voice, listening comprehension worksheet and transcript. We hope this great new French listening practice VLOG is useful.
Need some ideas to practise vocabulary? Check out these GCSE / CEFR A2 Vocabulary Flashcards
Check out all the French content on my website too.
OTHER FRENCH LISTENING PRACTICE SUGGESTIONS:JOIN ME ON MY SOCIALS FOR MORE FAB TEACHING CONTENT >>