German Listening Practice on Essen und Trinken for GCSE, iGCSE, CEFR A2/B1
with Comprehension Questions, Native Speaker & Transcript
I have always found finding enough accessible German listening practice material for my students difficult. Unfortunately, I never had the budget to buy us resources online as a private German tutor. Therefore, I created my own! This German listening activity is on the topic of: Essen und Trinken (Food & Drink).
BEFORE READING FURTHER THOUGH, HAVE YOU SUBSCRIBED TO MY GERMAN LANGUAGE LEARNING YOUTUBE CHANNEL? TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST GERMAN LISTENING CONTENT? IF NOT, PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLACK TEXT HERE. IT’S FREE!
Who is Essen und German Listening Practice for?
If you are a teacher or a student and need some free resources is for you. Use it for GCSE German, iGCSE German, CEFR A2/B1 German courses. As well as for DaF or DaZ, Goethe A2, Scottish board exams or equivalent.
What free activities and resources are included with the clip?
- a YouTube audio-visual clip on Essen und Trinken (minimise the screen for auditory practice only!) from the view of a native German speaker
- a worksheet with guided listening activities, comprehension questions and German food & drink vocabulary based activities.
- Comprehension questions answered within clip:
1. Was ist ein typisches Frühstück in Deutschland?
2. Was isst Rucan heute zum Frühstück?
3. Was für Marmeladensorten erwähnt Rucan?
4. Was hat Rucan heute zum Mittagessen zubereitet?
5. Beschreibt Rucans letzten Besuch in einem Restaurant
6. Wie sieht ein typisches Abendessen in Deutschland aus? Was isst Rucan heute zum Abendessen?
7. Woraus besteht Apfelstrudel?
8. Warum hat Rucan Apfelstrudel gerne gegessen, als sie jünger war?
- a transcription of the German part of the audio clip
(find all resources linked below!)
How Can I Use This Food & Drink Activity in German?
I feel this free German listening practice on Food & Drink is very versatile and can be used by students and teachings for dedicated listening practice in a number of different scenarios.
If you are a German teacher, then use you could perhaps use it:
- During a lesson with your students, during a lesson when studying the topic of FOOD & DRINK.
- Set as homework for dedicated listening practice. Either print the worksheet attached for your students, or upload it to your app of choice, along with the audio-visual YouTube clip.
- Provide as an extra resource for students who finish early or who would like additional Essen und Trinken topic related work, or as revision.
German students, why not use this Essen und Trinken German listening practice as:
- German Listening Revision – in the lead up to exams
- Focused Listening Practice – to continue to practise listening to German at a suitable level to enhance and develop your listening skills. Attempt to try out all the guided German listening activities on the worksheet below. Then go through the transcript to see what you were missing and what parts you can ‘pinch’ and use to improve your German language skills.
Want more German listening practice for GCSE, iGCSE, CEFR A2/B1, Goethe A2, advanced beginner German or intermediate German level? Check out all the German listening practice on this website!
ESSEN UND TRINKEN RESOURCES – FOR GCSE, iGCSE, CEFR A2, ADVANCED BEGINNER, BOARD EXAMS, GOETHE A2
Watch the full German ‘food & drink’ German Listening Practice VLOG clip to learn German online and improve listening skills here:
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET TO ACCOMPANY MY ‘ESSEN UND TRINKEN’ GERMAN LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG HERE:
DOWNLOAD THE FRENCH SECTION OF THE TRANSCRIPT TO ACCOMPANY MY ”ESSEN UND TRINKEN’ GERMAN LISTENING PRACTICE VLOG:
There are many ways to improve your German listening skills. However, practice really does make perfect! Listen to a variety of German audio clips on various sites, about different topics. Additionally, enjoy all this German VLOGS Listening Practice Playlist for cefr A2, GCSE & iGCSE.
This specific German listening practice activity is on Essen und Trinken / Food & Drink. It comes with an audio-visual clip, a native German speaker, a listening comprehension worksheet with guided listening practice and a transcript. We hope this: Essen und Trinken – Authentic New German Listening Practice proves useful. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for more German listening – it’s free!JOIN ME ON MY SOCIALS FOR MORE FAB TEACHING CONTENT >>