Mein Zuhause – My Home – Mein Haus Intermediate German Listening Practice and Revision Lesson
If you are an intermediate German student looking for some listening practice or a German teacher looking for original German listening practice material, then my listening lesson will certainly help.
Supplement your intermediate German lessons on the topic of ,mein Haus’ or ,mein Zuhause’ with this lesson suitable for A2/B1 level German students, GCSE German students, German Highers students, High School learners or DaF students.
What is included in this ‘Mein Haus’ listening lesson?
The intermediate level listening lesson on ,Mein Haus’ includes a 300-word transcript, verbatim MP3 audio file and 5 activities testing listening comprehension, vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking and writing skills. The lesson has been made to take a 60-minute lesson, plus 30 minute homework session. Alternatively, it can normally be completed in 90-minutes continuously.
I recommend using the listening lesson to revise the ‘my house’ topic if you have already done some work on rooms in the house, items in the rooms and types of house as consolidation and revision practice at the end of the topic. However, why not use it in the lead up to exams to revise the home topic too?
My German listening practice lesson is ideally a standalone lesson with students working individually to complete the tasks. However, I am sure that they could also work in pairs and small groups if necessary.
The content of the audio script includes: types of home, different rooms, what’s inside different rooms in the home, as well as cultural references specific to German speaking countries, such as WGs. A native male German speaker has recorded the audio file, which makes it excellent listening practice for students learning German at intermediate level.
The MP3 audio file (2:12 minutes) contains detailed and recyclable information about ‘my house’ and focuses on the following topics:
1. The benefits of having a home
2. Detailed information on where the speaker lived when he grew up
3. Other types of homes in the world
DOWNLOAD THE ‘Mein Haus’ MP3 LISTENING PRACTICE AUDIO FILE HERE (IT’S FREE, BUT DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED):
DOWNLOAD ‘Mein Haus’ TRANSCRIPT AND ACTIVITIES FILE HERE (IT’S FREE, BUT DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED):
Will My Students Benefit from this Intermediate German Listening Lesson?
I really do hope so and the reasons are below:
1. Firstly, the MP3 audio file is read by a German male native speaker, at a medium speed so it’s perfect for authentic German listening practice.
2. Secondly, it includes many useful phrases and a wide range of vocabulary at a challenging, yet manageable level for intermediate German students on the topic of ‘My House’.
3. Finally, the lesson allows for listening or reading comprehension, topic-related vocabulary and sentence-level practice. It also allows consolidation through speaking and writing practice, where the students can use key-phrases they pick up from the audio to relate to their own homes.
Whilst this intermediate German lesson has been created with a listening practice focus in mind, it can certainly also be used as work for a cover lesson. Additionally, for reading practice on the topic of ‘mein Haus’ too.
Did you like this ‘My House’ German listening lesson practice post? If you liked this idea and want to try out my post with even more fun, check out all of my German listening lessons and activities.
Want to keep up-to-date with the latest content? Sign Up to the Ideal Teacher’s Exclusive Mailing List.